The Vario combines individual efficiency with the simplest possible handling. The technology it uses consists of three filter levels: a high-performance glass fiber filter, a ceramic pre-filter that can be adjusted individually according to the cloudiness of the water, and active charcoal for eliminating odors. Anyone who needs up to two quarts of drinking water per minute can use the glass fiber and active charcoal filter. If the water is extremely cloudy, the ceramic pre-filter can be fitted in a moment in order to extend the service life of the glass fiber filter. The Vario is compatible with most standard outdoor bottles and hydration bladders.
Katadyn Vario Microfilter Water Filtration System
- Capacity: 530 gallons (glassfiber)
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 4"
- Output: up to 2 quart/min
- Weight: 15 oz
- Technology: AntiClog Technology with 0.3 micron glassfiber (no cleaning needed), activated carbon granulate with, ceramic pre-filter
- Effective against protozoa: Yes
- Effective against bacteria: Yes
- Effective against viruses: No
- Effective against particulate: Yes